Wednesday, September 14, 2011

10 days into my BeachBody Meal Plans.......

So I decided to blog a little about how my Beachbody Meal Plans are going and how I am feeling about them.

It's been 10 days since I started following my Beachbody Meal Plans pretty strictly and am feeling really good about it. The food has been super easy to make and tastes great. Not only am I eating them, but my husband, 10 yr old daughter, and 21 month old son are all eating them and enjoying them. We are all feeling healthier and actually look forward to the next days recipes to try. I have found that having a set menu printed out for the week helps me to stay on track with eating 6x per day and having the meals planned ahead of time keeps us away from the fast food joints. It also saves us a ton of money because we sit down every Friday or Saturday night, plan out our menu on beachbody.com, then print the shopping list based off of our weekly menu, and only shop for the foods on that list. So now we aren't buying a bunch of unneeded foods, boxed foods, or snack foods. We buy strictly what is on the shopping list and don't even look at anything else. With buying the food only needed for the week, we avoid throwing out spoiled foods and stay away from fast food joints; thus saving us a ton of money. I'm not saying we don't go out on occassion, but when we do, we are more up to trying new, healthier items on the menu; rather than our usual deep fried choices.
I've noticed a difference in my body already. I've lost 7 inches total off my entire body and 5lbs weight. I've had more energy (when not attacked by insomnia) and just feel healthier. I've been eating foods that I've never thought of eating before and learning how to cook all over again. Its been great standing in the kitchen with my husband and making our meals together. I was one that use to "HATE" the kitchen cause it seemed like every meal took forever to cook and I personally had others things I rather be doing. But since following the Beachbody Meal Plan, I've been enjoying cooking and trying new foods. I have yet to run into anything on my menu's that I don't enjoy. My husband has even discovered foods that he use to not like, he likes now cause they are cooked differently. I also love setting a good example for my kids and introducing new, healthier foods that most kids their ages wouldn't be getting at home.  Beachbody has introduced me to a new healthier lifestyle that I never thought I would stick to because I wouldn't like the foods or wouldn't like/have time for the workouts, but I do and I enjoy every minute of it.
I'm not saying my journey has been easy, cause it hasn't. I have had my share of ups and downs, but the important thing to me is I pick back up where I left off and continue to strive to be better for myself and my family. There are days that I just don't feel like dragging my butt outta bed and working out or even eating, but then I think about my goals and tell myself you have to do it cause no one else can do it for you. It is my life and I am the only one that can take control and make the changes that need to be made for me to be healthier and happier. I also find myself on Support to Success and reading other people's posts to help motivate me to get up and reach for my goals.

One of my favorite quotes is: "To Achieve All That Is Possible, We Must Attempt The Impossible."  So when I am feeling like it is impossible to reach my goal weight, I just think to myself I have to push myself harder, I have to give it my all, and most of all I have to make the attempts to get there or I'll never know if it was possible. The worst thoughts that go through my mind when I give up or don't try is the what ifs?. ...

So I guess, following the BeachBody Meal Plans has not only changed my eating habits for the better, but also has changed my family, my mindset, my health, and my life thus far. I am so happy that I made the first step of asking Coach Michael what he is doing and how he is doing it cause he helped me decide that I wanted to change and hooked me up with the tools and support I needed to get to where I am today. I appreciate all that Michael and Tiyona have done for me thus far and my Fit Phatty team for all their support. Without each and every one of you, I would not be so dedicated to myself. You all keep me going and striving to be a better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment