Friday, July 1, 2011

Struggling with my eating habits....

I've been stuck in a struggle with my food addictions. I'm finding it really hard to commit to eating right. I know I have all the resources and skills needed to follow my diet plan, but I just cant seem to stick to it. I have a really hard time keeping a food journal also, so I went out and bought a new journal to start tracking my eating again so I can hold myself accountable. I'm tired of being fat, feeling tired all the time, being slow, and not having energy. I've been doing really good with checking into the Support to Success site, Fit Phatty, and Blogging, and making sure I get some form of exercise daily. I'm definately a lot more active than I was a month ago, 6 month ago, and even a yr ago. I'm proud of myself for the proud of myself for the changes I have made, but I also know that it could be better than what it is and the one thing holding me back the most is my eating habits.

So now that I can pinpoint my biggest set back, what am I to do to fix it? I guess I will set some new goals that are focused on my eating habits for this week. Tomorrow is a new day and anyday is a good day to try/start something new.

Goals for this week:

  1. No buying snack foods e.g. chips, soda, ice cream
  2. Bring healthy snacks with me on my outings e.g. baby carrots, banana
  3. Plan meals in advance and stick to the menu
  4. Track everything I eat or drink in my new journal
This will get easier and my old habits will disappear. Everything takes time and I can't expect myself to change everything overnight. I know I can do this, I just have to figure out what works best for me.

I wrote this post to track my feelings and ideas on what I'm stuggling with on my weight loss journey and to let others know that they arent alone in their struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment