Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 2 of Phat Camp

So I've been in Phat Camp for 2 weeks now and think I am doing really good. I've never pushed myself so hard to lose weight and get into shape as I have since begining this camp. It hasn't been easy, but nothing in life really is.

I think this camp has helped me by letting me know I am not alone on this journey and that working out can be fun. I never thought that I would crave working out, but since this camp started, I have. I was put to the ultimate test the begining of this week when my back went out. I was down for 4 days and it was driving me crazy. I continued to do light weight with my arms and some stretching, but it didn't feel like enough to me. I just couldn't wait to be able to start back up with  TJ. I felt I needed it and I missed doing it so much. Never before have I felt like that about working out and losing weight, I usually just threw in the towel and never picked back up where I left off. But since I began Phat Camp, I've found so much support and motivation, that I didn't give up and felt that I couldn't give up without letting my fellow campers down. So as soon as I went to the drs and got my medication and started feeling better, I picked right back up and felt better than ever about getting back in the groove of things.

I haven't taken any measurements or weighed myself since camp started, but I don't want to know where I am until the end of camp. To me it is more important to get the workouts and eating healthier down and feeling better than seeing what some scale says.

I try to focus on giving 100% to my workouts and figuring out how to eat right and what food portions I should be eating. I'm still a work in progress, but I am noticing a change in how I think about foods and what I am putting in my mouth. I am determined to make this work for me, so I am not forbidding myself from any foods, just trying to eat less of them and stock our home with healthier options. Plus the shakeology is really helping with my cravings since I have a huge sweet tooth.

So I would say my progress to date would be:

  1. Drinking shakeology once to twice a day
  2. Pushing myself to workout daily and give 100% to them
  3. Stocking my home with healthy food options
  4. Learning portion sizes and eating less
  5. Drinking tons of water
  6. Having fun while doing all of this
  7. And a weight loss of 4 lbs.
  8. Keeping a food journal
  9. Keeping a workout journal
  10. And now blogging about my progress and workouts
  11. Posting on Fit Phatty and Phat Camp Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment