Monday, May 16, 2011

My Dietician Appt / Workout 5/16/2011

Today I went and met with a dietician to get some more input for my eating habits and how to change them for the better. I also recieved some great tips on how/what to pack for a quick n easy lunch/snacks for when I'm on the go (which I am quite a bit). I found out that I have all the information I need to eat right, now its just narrowing it down and putting it into action a little at a time. I never really had any good role models in my life as far as how to eat, so all that I knew was stuff I researched and went out and found out on my own. So when I met with the dietician, I already knew what foods I should be eating, but I didn't really know what or how to put all my knowelegde into actions without becoming overwhelmed. So this appt really helped me organize my information and figure out a starting point for my new lifestyle.

I also used this appt as an opportunity to get in a little excersise since I didn't have time this morning. My appt was at one of our local hospitals here in Portland, so I had to park in the parking structure and walk to the admitting desk, then from the admin desk to where my appt was on the other side of the hospital. Since I figured I would have a long walk, I decided to take advantage of this opportunity and park as far from the building as possible, tighten my abs and hold them there while I power walked all the way to where I was supposed to go. It may not seem like much, but it got my heart rate up for a few minutes and I can definately feel it in my abs and legs.

This is one of the small changes I am making in my life and though it doesn't seem like much, it is much better than not doing anything at all. Small changes will eventually become big ones and will make a big difference in my life in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment