Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Begining for me...

I'm 28 yrs old,  tired of feeling ashamed of my body and not having any energy. I want to be able to go outside with my kids and have energy to play with them. I want to be comfortable in a swimsuit, so that I can take my kids swimming and enjoy our time in the pool instead of constantly trying to hide my fat under one pieces and t-shirts. I want to be someone my husband and kids can be proud to be with. I want to feel good inside and out!

It all started for me when I talked to an old friend (Michael Osorio) that got me started on Team Beachbody, Turbo Jam, and Shakeology. I started off strong and did great for a week or so, then completely fell off the wagon.
Then my friend told me about his wife (Tiyona) and a group that she started called Fit Phatty Fitness. That is how I came to this group. I needed other women that are in a  similar situation to help motivate me and let me know that I wasn't alone in this long fitness journey. Well Tiyona told me about a Phat Camp she was starting May 1st, 2011. I was hesitant to join because I still wasn't confident enough in myself to follow through with my weight loss goals, so I held off to join until what seemed like the last minute. I had to kick myself into gear and tell myself this may be my last chance to get the support I need and to hold myself accountable for my actions (or lack of). So I went ahead and joined the camp.
Phat Camp has only been going for 5 days now and already I have lost 4 lbs, feel more energized, and for the first time in my life, look forward to working out everyday and logging on to see whats happening next. I now keep a Food and Workout Journal to track my progress and see what I've been doing on any given day. It's not easy by any means, but its something I have to do for me if I want to reach my fitness goals. I'm staying positive and instead of saying might, maybe, or can't, I am now saying I can, will, or did. This camp is making me see my life in a whole new way and I am learning so much. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings and what new tips and advice Coach Tiyona has for us Fit Phatties and Phat Campers.

Keep Pushing Play and keep up the hard work, its all worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment